1) Breastfeeding reduces risk of childhood cancers.
2) Breast milk contains antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria.
3) Breastfeeding lowers your baby’s risk of having asthma or allergies.
4) Babies who are breastfed exclusively for the first 6 months, without any formula, have fewer ear infections, respiratory illnesses, and bouts of diarrhea.
5) Breastfed babies are less likely to become overweight later in life.
6) Mothers who breastfeed recover from childbirth more quickly and easily.
7) Breastfeeding reduces chance of breast and ovarian cancer later in life.
8) Breastfeeding delays the return of the mothers menstrual period, which can help extend the time between pregnancies.
9) Human milk is much less expensive than formula.
10) At night, putting a baby to your breast is much simpler and faster than getting up to prepare or warm a bottle of formula.
11) Breastfeeding is also good for the environment, since there are no bottles to wash or formula cans to throw away.